The big pothole I was walking back from the station and coming over the crossing noticing the hole in the road. I happen to think that with the chronic underfunding of well just about everything, but particularly in this instance the Devon County Highways department, about the hole I could see. A very obliging driver stopped watching me take a photo of it and then giving me the thumbs up as I crossed. It’s a bit difficult to see just how big it is. My thinking turned to – you know those times when you hit a pothole. Travelling along and then an almighty thump as you realise that you did not see this hole in front of you and wonder what sort of damage it done/doing to wheels and tires. I am sure that I hear somewhere that the council have a fund that is more than the budget allocated for repairs, for compensation for the damage done and claimed for. It made me think in the rather tangential way I do that this might be a familiar kind of feeling for me. Life just seems to be ...
Comments
Post a Comment